Monkey do yoga offers Every Kids Yoga camp for ages 4 to 12 years old. Location: Park Slope.
Every Kids Yoga camp develops skill in language, Yoga and movement for 8 hours. Ages 4 to 12 years old.
Date: December 2 – 4, 2016
Time : 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Address: 279 3rd Ave. (between President and Carroll), Brooklyn, NY 11215
To Book: Click “Book Now”
No Spots Available? Need More Information Before Booking? Click “Contact Provider” if you are interested in booking or receiving more information on this class.
Why Book on KidKlass?
You may request a refund for any class you purchase on KidKlass.com up to 24 hours after the end of the first class, so you can try and like each class before committing. KidKlass will refund your money (less any class attended) without any hassle.
Each purchase made on KidKlass.com helps local kids in need to receive free enrichment classes in NYC through our Buy a Class, Gift a Class program. Thank you for making a difference.
Discover the many ways that yoga can promote the healthy development of children, ages 4-12. Find out how the practice of yoga parallels and supports other therapeutic modalities in addressing difficulties with attention, self-regulation, speech and language, learning, and high and low muscle tone.
This experiential workshop will provide a strong foundation to teaching yoga to children with the following special needs:
• Those who are easily over-stimulated
• Those who are potentially impulsive and/or distractible
• Those who exhibit poor social skills and boundaries
• Those who are learning disabled/with an emphasis on speech and language based learning disabilities
• Those who are potentially oppositional and/or disruptive
• Those who present with high or low muscle tone
Diagnoses to include:
• High Functioning Autism/ Asperger’s Syndrome
• Sensory Processing Dysfunction (SPD)
• Learning Disabled (LD)
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Mild Cerebral Palsy
The primary focus of this training will be upon working with groups of ‘higher functioning’ children with special needs, who are essentially ‘physically able’. This training will not address working with severely physically, developmentally, cognitively, or emotionally challenged children. Basic information will be provided throughout the training to assist participants in understanding the needs and challenges of the population outlined above. Professional therapists may benefit from this training by learning creative, developmentally appropriate, fun ways of engaging and supporting children with special needs in the practice of yoga.
This program is appropriate for Yoga teachers and parents, teachers and therapists with a personal yoga practice who are interested in incorporating yoga into their work with children.
As a result of taking this program, program participants will be able to:
• Structure a class for potentially impulsive children using behavior management and limit-setting techniques
• Modify postures for this population
• Teach breathing exercises, meditation and relaxation to children
• Integrate props, chanting, Thai Yoga Massage and partner yoga
• Employ visuals for children with language-based learning disabilities
• Use yoga to support speech and language, sensory processing, memory, and reading comprehension.
Every Kid’s Yoga Teacher Training is affiliated with the Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Collaborative, a Yoga Alliance approved 95-hour teacher training program. Hours completed in Every Kid’ Yoga Teacher Training can be counted towards the required 95-hours to complete the course.